Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Maybe...

Recently I've been watching a lot of different YouTubers and I've been really interested in their life and career stories. One particular story caught my attention: Tyler Oakley's. He had just finished college and was looking for a job when he realized that the only thing that would be a good career, one that would motivate him to get up in the morning and actually go to work was YouTube and social media. His story made me realize that I want to do something with the media. I love to write and writing about what is current in today's pop culture just seems like fun. Maybe writing about what's going on in the economy as well, maybe about different places, maybe about different jobs. I'm not getting anywhere am I? Nope. But I do know that I think blogging, making videos, and writing are things that I truly love and they all have to do with the social media. I know that I want the media to be huge part of my career but I just don't know what to do. I'm fairly positive I want to be a writer but the problem is, I have no clue what to write about. It seems the only thing I'm good at writing is my personal thoughts and I'm sorry, but unless you have the one of the most amazing personalities ever, that is not going to be a career. I know that I'm able to put pieces of information together, but I just don't know what. I have problems finding topics. Maybe I could write about my opinion on things. Like, I could read a book or watch a TV show and then tell people my opinions on it. People do that for a living. But is it something I would enjoy? I'll give it a try on my main blog. See how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment