One thing I've noticed lately is how the internet and today's electronics have affected me. I can no longer just sit and watch a TV show. I tried. I have to be doing something. Today, I tried to watch Doctor Who without doing anything and I ended up reading a magazine halfway through. It isn't because I thought the show was boring, I love that show! It's amazing. But for whatever reason I just cannot sit the fuck still. Or at least my mind can't. I try and watch movies and TV shows but most of the time I end up going on Instagram or play Solitaire. It really sucks. I want to be able to just watch a good show and focus. I also just can't be bored. It drives me crazy! It's so ridiculous. Anytime there's nothing to do, in the car or with a friend, whatever, I pull out my phone. And that's not just me, it's everyone. It's a little screwed up but no one can really do anything about it. I'll come to terms with it eventually, probably after I learn how to freaking focus. There's a few exceptions for me actually: when I'm in a theater or when I'm working. But I guess that last one is because my mind is working. But that's when I can actually focus. Okay well that was my little sort-of rant. Thanks for reading!
Love,
Me
I have been thinking about the very same thing. I used to be able to just sit and think, but now I have to be doing at least one, if not two things - like watching TV and reading or playing a game. WTF? I get focused when I'm working too. The spiritual types call that "The Flow." When time seems to have no meaning...
ReplyDelete